In this article, we will the discuss the Pro’s and Cons of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Google Adwords (PPC).
There have been many questions with regards with which is better or best for their online marketing strategy, is SEO or Google Adwords?
Difference Between SEO and AdWords
- Google Adwords targets numerous variations that you have around particular keywords.
- SEO (Serach Engine Optimization) targets high traffic keywords mentioned in your website.
- Google AdWords advertising is instantaneous in seeing optimum results.
- The SEO process on a website takes time before seeing optimum results i.e. an average of 3 – 6 months (or more depending on keywords competition)
- SEO optimizes the site’s position, moving it up the ranks, ultimately moving it to the 1st page on Google.
- With AdWords one only pays for each click a visitor makes on their advertisement.
- With SEO one does not pay for each click, it is rather a monthly cost to an SEO company or Specialist in order for them to work on your website to get it to the first page of Google’s search results, and other search engines.
- Adwords is a rapid method in generating your sales and leads.
- SEO optimizes the quality and quantity of incoming links to your website (Off-Page SEO).
- AdWords pulls immediate traffic from the start of the campaign. This is useful for new websites or services and products that are seasonal.
Here are the Benefits of SEO and Google Adwords:
9 Benefits of SEO
1. By using SEO, you will achieve optimum search engine positioning within the keywords that you are targeting.
2. You do not pay someone every time someone clicks your link; this includes competitors simply wanting to check out your website.
3. If your website is optimized, search engines such as Google & Bing will recognize your website and therefore place your website in a higher ranking to those sites that have not used SEO to optimize their website.
4. With SEO your website will improve your online presence, build online awareness and attract more qualified traffic and thus achieving more business.
5. The higher your company’s search engine rankings, the more qualified leads, sales and profit you will gain.
6. Over time, SEO will bring you a higher return on your investment.
7. An optimized site will be visible on all browsers, increasing visitors.
8. Search engines can easily categorize and index the pages on your site.
9. SEO provides a monthly evaluation of your website and a monthly report of the success rate of your website.
9 Benefits of AdWords
1. AdWords allow you to target your ads specifically to users who may be searching for your product or service.
2. Google AdWords offers instant access for visitors and potential customers.
3. There is no minimum spending limit for your ads and you can chose to edit your budget settings.
4. It is cost effective for all size companies as you can decide on the amount you will pay every time a visitor clicks on your advert & you only pay when they click your ad.
5. It is more cost-effective than leading competitors such as: Printed business directories, banner ads, regular offline marketing activities and direct mail.
6. You can edit your existing ad and view the changes on Google within minutes.
7. AdWords offers a variety of ad formats in terms of videos, images, text & mobile.
8. AdWords provides your site with impressive brand name exposure as you only pay for the click.
9. Detailed performance reports are available on demand.
The overall the benefits of SEO and AdWords differ to many a degree however, SEO and AdWords are both seen as internet marketing solutions that will provide you with optimum exposure for your growing company as well as drive quality, potential customers to your website.
Most companies choose to utilize both SEO and AdWords campaign management services for their website to get the best of both worlds.
According to Analytics, organic results are 8.5x more likely to be clicked on than paid search results!
However, paid search results are 1.5x more likely to convert click thrus from the search engine.
So, looking at both of these numbers, it can be concluded that “the opportunity from organic search is 5.66x that of paid search.”
- If your looking for instant exposure, go for Adwords.
- If your looking for long term benefit and exposure, go for SEO.